I’ve been on a little jaunt for a few days. Did some stuff. Saw some things. Visited some family. Reconnected with people I haven’t seen in ages. Here are some things I found out:
- Seeing a one-armed man wearing a Pac-Man t-shirt that says “Eat Me” is the most hilarious thing XUP Jr. has ever seen.
- Some gourmet restaurants think that having no lights, really loud music and making customers waiting 80 minutes for their food makes them special. They learned that having no lights, really loud music and making customers wait 80 minutes for their food, makes “certain” customers really…um… “assertive”.
- Seeing people one hasn’t seen in decades can be both creepy and fun.
- Sometimes the thing you dread most can turn out to be great.
- When I’m away from home for a few days I really miss my cat and I hate myself for it.
- I don’t like living out of a suitcase. At all. Even for a short time.
- One baby screeching at the top of its lungs for almost two hours can turn a train-load of perfectly lovely people really ugly.
- There exists, in this very world, veggie bacon that defies the laws of veggie-ism.
- There are a lot of really, really nice people in Toronto despite their reputation to the contrary.
- XUP Jr. knows way too much about booze.