Okay, so The Sun – that beacon of all that’s good and worthy in journalism today, was recently inspired by this WWII UK inspirational poster unearthed from someone’s dusty, yet inspirational box of inspirational books.
So, The Sun – the beacon of all that’s good and worthy in journalism today, decided to hold their own Inspirational Slogans Contest to help get Canadians through the current tough economic times that we didn’t even know we were having until they told us a few months ago. (Thank god for the media).
And really, what could be better than an inspirational slogan poster for turning our collective Canadian frowns upside down? Nothing, that’s what. There is really no other way to get through the current tough economic times than an inspirational slogan poster.
Hundreds of people agree. Because hundreds of people submitted their lame wonderful ideas for great slogans to help us all drag our miserable asses through the next few years and/or until everything will be bright and sunny again. Here are the top 12 that were chosen from the glut of submissions:
- We’re in this together
- It’s going to be OK
- Strong and Free
- Don’t let today’s fear ruin tomorrow’s success.
- Be proud. Be Strong. Be tough. Be Canadian.
- Tough times don’t last. Tough people do.
- Canada. It’s ours. Do your part.
- Save and spend wisely.
- We didn’t start it, but we will see it through.
- We will succeed if you believe.
- Together we’re freakin’ awesome!!!
Meh, I’m not inspired yet.
Some of these are hilarious though (It’s going to be okay…ha ha or We didn’t start it…priceless.) Anyway, I didn’t know about this contest until it was all over or else I would have submitted some of my own:
- Stop whining.
- When we’re down to our last Loonie, we’ll still have Celine.
- We survived an international swine flu pandemic. We can survive anything.
- Spare some change? Yes we CANada!
- We’re nice. Nothing bad ever happens to nice people.
- Stop believing everything you read in the papers.
- Don’t worry. We’re not in this together.
- Old people stuff their mattresses full of money and we have a LOT of old people. And they can easily be overpowered.
- Today’s tough times are tomorrow’s good old days.
- In tough times, tough people last longer. But it hasn’t quite come to that yet.
- Beer. It’s the Canadian way.
Are you inspired yet?