“Love Makes the World Go Around” sang other skinny little people in Carnival, Me and My Girl, and No Strings. Perry Como, Paul Anka, Madonna and Ashlee Simpson all sang about love making the world go around, too.
Fern Halper thinks “Data Makes the World Go ‘Round”
Other opinions on things that make the world go around include: Music, Greed, Denial, Status, Kinky Sex, Credit, Physics, Passion, Art, and even Cheese. Cheese is pretty good, but it doesn’t make the world go around.
All of these are cute ideas, but don’t really make the world go around. It wasn’t until I read Rick McGinnis the other day that I realized what it is that really does make the world go around.
Stupid makes the world go around. Rick was just talking about the TV world, but it was instantly clear to me that Stupid actually makes the whole, entire, wide world go around. Consider this:
- The legal system would completely collapse if it weren’t for Stupid: Stupid criminals, Stupid law suits, Stupid accidents, Stupid marriages, Stupid divorces, Stupid bar brawls.
- A huge percentage of the health care system would have nothing to do if it weren’t for Stupid: Stupid accidents again, and Stupid lifestyles that involve smoking, hyper-stress, drinking too much and eating too much.
- Big Business couldn’t exist if Stupid didn’t rush out and buy or buy into every Stupid bigger and better Stupid thing Big Business churned out.
- Government, is of course a self-perpetuating circle of Stupid. Without Stupid there would be no government and no need for government. Government is populated, driven, funded, controlled, administered, managed, lead and spearheaded by Stupid. It is also the single largest producer of Stupid worldwide.
- Media (the fourth estate of Stupid), thrives on Stupid. Stupid is its bread and butter. Stupid sells papers. Media is Stupid for the people and by the people.
- In the entertainment industry, Universal Stupid is a mandatory requirement. Without Stupid, ratings fall, music doesn’t sell, movie theatres sit empty (see Beverly Hills Chihuahua. Still number one at the box office).
Ergo, Stupid may be inconvenient right now, causing you a lot of extra work, time and money. Stupid may be making you frustrated, causing your blood pressure to spike, wreaking havoc in your life, maybe even killing your loved ones. BUT, Stupid is essential to the grander scheme of things.
How many of you would be out of a job if it wasn’t for Stupid?
Stupid is a vital life force. It’s bigger than the individual “you and me”. Remember, there is no “I” in Stupid.
 The only known way to cope with the effects of Stupid in the short-term is to: Stop, Drop and Loll