Please keep doing the survey. Results will be available anon But, in the meantime, I have to acknowledge an award before too much more time elapses.
The ever-stalwart Miss Grandy, over at Functional Schmunctional was kind enough to include me in her list of Kick Ass award recipients. I graciously accept this award and thank bloggers everywhere who kick my ass into making my blog worth spending time on a few days every week And thank YOU, Grandy for the love – gotta love the love
Here’s the award (because they’re always a graphic):
Here are the rules (because there are always rules):
- Choose 5 bloggers that you feel are “Kick Ass Bloggers”
- Let ’em know in your post or via email, twitter or blog comments that they’ve received an award
- Share the love and link back to both the person who awarded you and back to Mamma Dawg
- Hop on back to the Kick Ass Blogger Club HQ to sign Mr. Linky then pass it on!
So for my list of Kick Ass Bloggers I’ve chosen a group of women who’ve had some ups and downs in their life recently and have shared these so honestly in the blog world. I admire their ability to put the small and big joys and sadnesses of their lives into words that so engage their readers Ya’ll kick ass!
- Lynn at Diary of a Turtlehead who’s off on a much deserved vacation and is always great to share information and ideas with and who can make you think or smile no matter what she writes about
- Lesley of Um….What? who can go from steamy romance to haircut issues in the blink of an eye and has such a gift for drawing you into the moment that I always want to rush over and either give her a big hug or grab her by the hands and jump up and down with her.
- Mo and The Daily Snark, who has been going through some very stressful times what with the renos and the dog park adventures and work and getting older and rude people. Like with Lesley, I always feel like I want to pop by Mo’s place at the end of the day with a casserole and a bottle of wine and keep talking about the stuff she blogged about that day
- My gal, Debra at Reflecting, who’s going through some sort of early mid-life crisis or has ants in her pants or something. She’s being a bit quiet these days, so I know she must be a bit out of sorts. I miss her brilliant observances and educational factoids and snippets of her life. The Kick Ass gals are here for you, woman. Tell us what you need.
- The enduring Urban Animal, who really has had one hell of a year and has taken us along on all her adventures and in between gives us a really lovely view of her Toronto. Not to mention that her enthusiasm for her new found love of running has inspired me to lace up the Reebox again – for which I’m really grateful (more about that later).